How we can work together to stay safe
As of June 1 2020, Salons across Minnesota will reopen.
We all find ourselves living in a new reality with balancing safety for ourselves, our families and our community while trying to get back to doing the things we have always done. This is and will continue to be a process that we must work together on.
One of the challenges that we face as a community is the different interpretations of the information that sometimes changes as the medical/scientific community sorts through collected data and learns more. There are many views out there right now and as a business owner and personal service provider, I feel that it is my responsibility to err on the side of caution and develop a baseline of safety procedures to protect every client that walks through my door. With that in mind, I have developed a plan that utilizes the recommendations of the Minnesota Board of Cosmetology, Mayo Clinic, OSHA, WHO, and CDC. There may be people who disagree with some of those recommendations. I am not in a position to tell you how you should interpret the information and make your own decisions. I am not making a statement about my ideological beliefs. I am trying to do everything I can to protect all the people who I am blessed to provide service. With that in mind please know that the New Salon Safety Procedures are non negotiable and can change as new knowledge about COVID 19 is discovered and new recommendations are put out.
Everything you need to know for your upcoming salon visit!
To have service at the System Elite Salon you must agree to and follow the procedures listed.
• Call and leave a message or Text me from your vehicle when you arrive for your appointment. Please remain outside the salon until I contact you to confirm that I am ready for you.
• In an effort to not waste your time which is valuable, take your temperature before you come in. If it is at 100° or above, reschedule.
Upon entering, your temperature will be taken with a no touch thermometer. If you register at a temperature of 100° or higher; your appointment will have to be rescheduled at a minimum of 2 weeks from that date and with appointment availability by phone. While a high temperature can happen for many other reasons and the knowledge that there is an asymptomatic, high contagion window, I have chosen to follow OSHA's guidance and recommendation on this.
• If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or you have been in close contact with someone that has been ill, please give a call!! I will be happy to get you rescheduled.
• You will be asked to wash your hands and go to the salon chair for service.
• Have a mask on when you arrive. My recommendation is to have one that wraps around the back of the ears. I cannot perform a service while you are wearing one that ties behind the head. If that is what you are wearing, it will have to be untied and you will have to hold it to your face for the duration of your service. For those of you who will be receiving chemical services I recommend that you wear a disposable mask that wraps behind the ear because haircolor will get onto the ear area causing staining etc. You can leave it dry once you get home and reuse it for future color visits. I do have a limited amount of disposable masks available for $4 a mask. There is limited availability to order right now and expensive, so I encourage everyone to try to acquire one before you get here.
• I ask that ONLY the guest receiving services be in the salon for their scheduled appointment.
• If you bring someone with you to your appointment & they are not receiving a service, they must remain outside the salon.
• Please do not touch anything on the retail shelves. If you have a question about a product or need a product, ask me and I will get it or answer any question that you may have.
• The transfer of paper has been asked to be discontinued so there will no longer be the need to sign Credit Card Purchase Receipts. You will also not receive a receipt, unless you request one before the sale is rung in. Once it is completed, it will be too late to print it.
*Note If you wish to add a gratuity onto a Credit Card Payment, You will have to verbally say before the card is swiped and it can be added to the sale. There is no way to do this after the card swipe without doing a second transaction.
• There will no longer be magazines or access to water and coffee. I recommend bringing a phone, tablet, or your own reading materials to have while you process. You may also want to have a bottled water/beverage, in case you need it.
• The recommendation is for clients to try to limit time in the salon by excluding any non necessary parts of the service that increases time spent in the salon. What they are basically saying is skip the blow dry and style for now. Please let me know at the beginning of the service if that is alright with you.
• Lastly, Please be patient with me. There may be a wait time because I am one person who needs to get alot done without help. The disinfection process between each person is from the front door knob through the station area,reception area, main salon area, dryer area, shampoo area and the entire Lavatory. It is a lot and is hard to predict timing on top of hair services. I am doing it right for you and me and want you to know that I am aware of how valuable your time is. I will always do my best to respect and honor you, your time, and your safety.
Thank You for trusting me to provide you service and keep you safe.